Sunday 19 July 2009

Jobbage update

Slightly delayed post here, just a quick entry regarding my attempts at landing a job in advertising. Somewhat out of the blue a fortnight ago, I received an email asking if I was still looking for a junior copywriter role. "Hell yes, I am!" I said (possibly not in quite those words). As a result, Monday morning saw me heading to meet with the account head of a modest little agency in central Manchester. Unfortunately the CD wasn't around at the time, but Jeanette took onboard everything in my book and seemed to make all the right noises about it. I tried to put together my most varied bunch of copy to show what I could do, as well as a couple of other snippets to try and swing it in my favour! At the moment I'm just waiting on feedback from them once the other candidates have been interviewed, and hoping I did enough for them to consider me for the job, as it would be a fantastic opportunity to finally get my career started.

Will keep you all updated as soon as I know more!

No comments: