Saturday 4 July 2009

New Blood 2009

Forgive me for the belated posting, I only returned from London late on Wednesday night. As for why it's taken me until Saturday night to write this, never you mind!


Any excuse to have a day off from the dreaded 9 to 5 rat race that is my life at present, I popped on down to the Big City to check out this year's offerings (or more to the point, to keep my beady eyes on the competition). And I must say, there was the same abundance of talent as is always expected at any D&AD event, noted by what seemed to be a plentitude of Best In Show markers around the event, one of which making it to Claire Gilchrist's work for the National Portrait Gallery from UCLan's Advertising Class of 2009 - big up the Preston massive!

UCLan at New Blood

A little sad to be a mere spectator this year, but was great to head back to it and get lost (literally) amongst the rows of amazing work. Just a couple of examples of what I thought to be the best ads on show - so simple they may have been done before, but still great to see imagery so uncomplicated that you understand it in an instant.

Taste of London

Heinz Hot Ketchup

Until my moment of advertising superstardom descends upon me, I shall continue to work my arse off and hopefully be D&AD worthy some day!

No comments: