Saturday 7 June 2008

A lifetime of education awaits!

So, the opening of our degree show took place last night! It was great to finally see how everything came together for us all and to be able to appreciate all the hard work put in - we might have seen each other working flat out for the last 4 weeks until deadline, but I don't think anyone really took onboard any of the work (it's difficult to when all you're thinking about is where your next Red Bull is coming from!) But it all worked out in the end, and last night was our final celebration of all we've achieved, and hopefully of all the things we can go on to achieve because of it.

Finally managed to sit back and relax (or should I say run around and drink?) and enjoy it. Had a lot of positive response to my work which is always great to hear, and has given me that boost I need to throw myself back into a new portfolio and get back up on that advertising bandwagon of fun right now.

Though my work is featured on my other blog now, I thought I'd share a few of the photos from the show too.


External Project - Slavery, Best Beginnings, Talk


Honours Project (part 1) - Smart Car


Honours Project (part 2) - Milk, Pacamac


And me with my work

Happy though I am with the final result, it was somewhat sad to think that last night was one of the final times we'll all be together, and I woke up this morning feeling different (though that may have been due to the booze!) - 3 years at uni finally coming to a close. No more formal education after this, just the big scary world of education waiting out there : S But as I always say - BRING IT ON! : )

PS - For anybody interesting in coming along to check out his year's advertising talent from good old Prestonia, the show is currently open to the public over the next week, the times being:
Monday 9th - Thursday 12th June, 10am - 7pm
Friday 13th June, 10am - 5pm
Saturday 14th June, 9am - 3pm

Be sure to check out everything going on in Victoria Building (University of Central Lancashire, Preston PR1 2HE) - amazing shows from Graphic Design, Games Design, Animation, Illustration, Interior Design, Fashion... the list goes on!

No comments: