Thursday 7 August 2008

Unemployment weight

That's what Sarah calls these needless extra pounds we've both put on in the last couple of months. But fingers crossed it should soon start to be shed as of Monday - because we have our first placement!

Completely unexpected turn of events yesterday - had an ominous text from our friend Neale who works at Pravda first thing in the morning, saying we would be contacted at some point during the day. Instant "whoop whoop" alarm bells going off and everything. Trust me to have chosen yesterday to spend watching The Dark Knight (which ROCKS by the way!) and Mamma Mia! (which doesn't rock quite so much). Spent a nervous 4 hours waiting for a call and to duck out of the cinema, but only had updates from Sarah and what the secretaries were telling her whenever she rang.

Finally the long buzzing of joy in my pocket happened at the end of Mamma Mia! (my phone on vibrate, you dirty minded buggers!), but being hemmed in by loads of old people, I couldn't get out to answer it. Luckily Sarah was getting the call at the same time, and text me to let me know the joyous news! Still a little unsure of where it all came from out of the blue - it's 2 weeks since I visited Pravda, and over a month since Sarah did. Whether they heard that we'd since teamed up and decided to call us in, who knows? All I know is that we're very excited to have been given an opportunity so soon : )

It starts as a 2 week placement, but hopefully it can be much longer once they're bowled over by the extent of our hard work and awesomeness : ) Here's me and Sarah having some awesome moments:


After the good news was confirmed, I got back to Neale to let him know (in a rather excited manner). His words to us? "Are you prepared for all the hard work?" And the answer?

Hell yes, we are! But the question is: are Pravda ready for us? : )

4 comments:

chesca said...

well done girls! im so pleased for you..hope it gets extended to something longer :-D

Anonymous said...

Even if they think they're ready for us they probably aren't ;)

I'm jiggling my unemployment weight with all the excitement Hayley! Bring it on!

Hayley said...

Hahaha that sounds so wrong on so many levels! But I'll have a little jiggle of mine too *wibble wobble* : )

Anonymous said...

well done ladies! rock their boat.