Monday 26 January 2009

A Glass and a Half Full of...

...I'm not quite sure yet. Admittedly I've yet to see Cadbury's latest installment on TV and have unashamedly ripped it from everyone else who currently features it on their blog, but having watched it many times in reasonably quick succession, I still don't know what I make of it. Besides wanting to keep watching it for a reason which I can't fathom at this precise moment in time.

It kinda gives me the same feeling that too much Cadbury chocolate does - you know that "Oh my tummy feels pretty freakin' weird, maybe I shouldn't have eaten the other half of that 500g bar". The feeling that kind of rises up from your gut like you're gonna vom a bit. Except that when I open my mouth, I find that I'm laughing out loud instead. There's something about this ad that will no doubt grow on me the more I see it (probably after the 20-something times I'll more than likely view it in the next hour or so), but there's definitely something "gorilla" about it. Let's face it, Trucks was pretty shite in comparison, but this feels like it's heading back to Gorilla territory in that it makes you feel good for reasons that you can't quite explain.

The funky 80's tune. These freakish kids' freaky eyebrows (particularly how freaky the little girl's solo is!) The strain in the girl's face as she tries to eyebrow dance and balloon squeak at the same time. And that the boy looks like he's sucking a lemon as she does this. I'm not saying it's perfect in the slightest, but it sure as hell is funny! As the kids these days would say: LOL!



PS- Does anyone else think the tune sounds like the Beverley Hills Cop theme tune (the one that Crazy Frog killed)? A little reminder for you all (and because I just love this tune!) Turn the sound down on the ad and set this to play just before the boy presses the button on his watch. Some remixes will be hitting YouTube very soon I bet...

4 comments:

Sparky said...

I'm scared by how many times I've watched it....

Just one more time!

*hits play*

chesca said...

I can't stop watching it! Though some of those moves MUST be CGI, else sped right up..I dunno I'm confused!

Hayley said...

Hahaha really addictive isn't it?

*Watches it some more*

Sparky said...

I hope it's not CGI... I wanna meet these crazy eyebrow kids! I'll give them their first pint and shave their eyebrows off when they fall asleep at the bar mwah ha ha ha!