Thursday 24 April 2008

The end of an era

*Sob sob* Today was our final crit ever whilst in the care of the lovely Frank & Lin, but at least it was a good one! Feel like I had a breakthrough with my work for the Milk brief, and REALLY starting to get my brain ticking over all my work from this year - which lucky few will make it to the final portfolio and degree show, and which are going to die a horrible and untimely death?

As for the amazing Milk brief in question, my campaign is based around a world with no milk, and the consequences this would have. So now it's time to EXTEND, EXTEND, EXTEND and bash out some stonkingly ace work for it! Here are just a couple of my initial rough ideas for the campaign:





Really looking forward to knuckling down and getting it done now. It's amazing what a bit of good feedback or even just a fab brief can do for your confidence and morale. Right now I'm just thinking BRING IT ON!! There's no way this last hurdle is going to defeat me, and I'll work my ass off so much, it'll be physically sore by the end of it lol!

So hey, while you're waiting for my next "Genius Update", take a look at this ace milk ad I found on trusty YouTube. Obviously a rip-off/pastiche, but oh so funny at the same time - love it!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Howdy,

being an ex uclan student myself here's my advice on your book in general. There are a few things agencies look for in a students book, they are the truth and a reason to buy the product.

Your milk campaign is telling my a world without milk, so if you add some thought to this

1. A world without milk isn't given me a reason to drink it, just because I don't drink milk they aren't going to stop making cheese and so on.

2.Tell me why I need to buy it in a funny entertaining way

Your work shouldn't run in the real world show that you can do crazy.
If you go to work at an agency the creative director will always make bring you back down to earth but will love the fact that you like to push the boundaries.

I like the art direction on the GHD cant really read the end line so i wont comment on the idea.

On the point of art/copy you must be able to show a variation of styles, not just photos

chesca said...

Haha love that pastiche you put up there. So cute!

Want a some light entertainment to distract you from your work to influence a laugh? Have a look at my latest post. One of my favourite music vids.

Rachel said...

a world without milk? well the question everyone always asks is who thought of drinking whateva came out of a cows udder anyway? but think about bones breaking, severe lack of milk, no calcium = bad bones, or what would people do to get calcium? would hunting for the horns of animals to grind down for calcium go up? Is the world blaming the cows for a milk shortage? is there an anti milk scandal? are the cows rebelling? (a bit so good the cows want it back esq so be careful there)
As 'this is us' said above. You can do anything. Go crazy. Think about milk and then think the opposite. The idea your scared of may just be the idea that gets the best response. Fear is your best friend.

Rachel said...

Okies well A world without milk... what happens without milk, breaking bones crazy bones breaking all over the place most in oppurtune moments. Who ever thought it was a good idea to drink what came out of a cows udder in the first place and who decided that it would be a better idea to let it go off and turn into cheese?

Is there a scandal? are the cows holding back? have they run out of milk? are they being held responsible? (be careful of recent ads like so good the cows want it back)

What is the most outrageous thing that you can think off thats related to milk but isnt to do with milk if you get me. How about a baby that sucking on its mums boob and spits it out in favour of cows milk because its so good? (actually i might pursue that one....)

Think crazy think wow think 'I can't do that' because the idea that scares you the most is usually the best one. what we've been told is that CD's want to see what you can do different to everyone else in the agency and the outlandish ideas are the ones that will prove it.

At the moment your still a student and that means you can still do anything...

Hayley said...

Lol! "Fear is your best friend" - I like that. Definitely full of the "2 and-a-half weeks to go" fear that's really holding me back, but thanks so much for your comments and I will take them into consideration as I'm currently working on this brief for my honours.

Stayed tuned, folks! : )

Rachel said...

lol soz most of that was put up twice my comps shit and i thought it had deleted one of em.