Saturday 19 April 2008

Breath-taking



Here's Sony's latest advertising delight for us, promoting their cameras & camcorders. Had been seeing sneaky-peek footage of this foam malarkey for ages, but wasn't really sure how it was going to end. Again with a great musical score to back it up, it may not be half as impressive to watch as the Bravia "balls" ad (in my opinion, it'll be a struggle for them to ever out-do that), but I love this nonetheless. I think it's just something about capturing the images that are important to you, be it as a professional or just someone with a love of the strange, that makes this ad so great. I know that if a mass of foam suddenly descended upon me, I'd grab for my camera first and foremost (well, maybe after screaming a little and thinking I was going to die lol!)

Another amazing ad that I stumbled upon a week or so ago and has fast become the leading topic amongst my peers, is the new Schweppes "burst" ad. Maybe, just maybe, this could be the ad to rival the greatness of Sony Bravia "balls"? Coldplay track just finishes this ad perfectly to create an event so beautiful it might just be perfection itself.

2 comments:

chesca said...

oh wow schweppes ad is ace! not seen it until now. very pretty..schweppervescence (sp?) though?

Hayley said...

Yeah, because effervescence is to be bubbly/full of life, or to literally give off bubbles. Perfect little line and the device they used to bring it up on screen using the fizz of the tonic water.

This ad really is just perfection (but I won't abandon my love for Sony Bravia "balls" lol!)