Wednesday 16 April 2008

Holy frickin' hell!

So, yesterday started with a sickly feeling and a butterfly-full stomach in anticipation (or sheer dread) of the GHD presentation at TBWA. The option to stay in bed and catch up on my sleep was looking rather appealing, but not one for regrets, I forced myself out of bed and into uni.
Where of course there was a slight feel of "panic stations!" as most were still putting the finished touches to their work. Luckily a bunch of the girls went en masse to the agency, so the nervous feeling subsided and I just decided the best plan was to take whatever was going to happen as constructively as possible, and just be thankful for the experience.

However, by the time we'd finally got there (3 trains and 1 bus later), the nerves had reared their ugly head again! Luckily Mick and Rich (the creative directors we were pitching to) were two of the nicest guys we could've hoped for, and the presentation went really well (aside from me turning into a life-sized beetroot the moment I stood up to speak!) Really constructive criticism from both of them, and had my suspicions confirmed about what was lacking from my campaign and how to remedy it. But all-in-all they seemed to like it (no "hallelujah!" moment, but still seemed positive) and thought the thinking behind "Never be in two minds again" was perfect for how I'd executed it so far, so I was glad I wouldn't have to go home and bludgeon myself to death in a state of despair lol!

Feeling much more at ease now about when I'm finally taking my book on the rounds after graduating now I have more of an idea of what to expect. Though somehow I doubt I'll ever find another whose boardroom is at the top of a converted church building!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi haykey, great to see another young creative blogging. good luck on your journey into advertising, it can be quite exciting :)

Anonymous said...

hi , thanks for the comment. yeah i was kept waiting for my meeting by your class ;)

cool place though hey. certainly hoping i get to spend plenty of time there.

stick at it, can be a long road, i graduated donkeys ago!